Yoram Yasur Rubin: How to make mindfulness breathe in your home
Being in harmony with the universe is possible. But first it is necessary to be in harmony with ourselves. In this sense, mindfulness or «mindfulness» can help us to connect with the present and enjoy the experiences that happen to us daily. Now, did you know that it is possible to create a home in which mindfulness is breathed? It is true and today we tell you different tips so that you can also achieve it.
– Order and cleanliness do matter: Yoram Yasur Rubin: You do not have to obsess with the latest cleaning products on the market and spend them all together every day of your life. In any case, we suggest that you maintain an order both in the rooms in which you spend most of the time and in those that perhaps remain the most forgotten.
Each piece is part of the house and, as such, they influence the total energy of the home. A little organization will suffice to maintain the order and hygiene of the spaces you inhabit.
– Incorporate nature into the interior: Yoram Yasur Rubin: We know that the fresh air that enters through the doors and windows cleans the energies and renews them. In addition to opening them every day, you can include other aspects of nature in your home that will enhance harmony in you and in the people, who live with you. Choose neutral tones that encourage relaxation and combine them with higher ones according to your preference.
You can also choose to combine the neutral color of the walls with that of the floors, furniture, and some decorative objects. Yoram Yasur Rubin: Instead of always using artificial light that tends to cause headaches and other discomfort, take advantage of everything you can sunlight (it will sit very well to your eyes but also to your whole being).
– Remove the mirrors: Yoram Yasur Rubin: The mirrors work like a multiplier; that is, everything that is projected in them multiplies. So, unless you have decorated your house following the guidelines of a Feng Shui master, it is best to avoid mirrors. This change will subtly help to minimize the stress and anxiety that we can take home after a tiring day.
– Get a Himalayan salt lamp: Surely, you’ve ever seen these lamps. It is that from a time to this part we could say that they have become fashionable. While they are pleasing to the eye, these light fixtures are much more than a decorative object. Those made with true salt from the Himalayas have healing properties and attract the polluting molecules of the environment and help detoxify it. A purified environment undoubtedly elevates the energies and promotes a state of greater peace of mind.
– Use an aroma diffuser: These devices have also become popular and we celebrate that! Yoram Yasur Rubin: The aroma diffusers stimulate one of the senses that we usually neglect but that is key in our daily life: smell. Choose essential oils with awareness according to your mood and enjoy the wonderful sensations they provide.
– Eliminate distractions: It is true that we live in a digital age in which we spend much of the time connected to different devices. Of course, we cannot deny that many of them facilitate certain tasks and communicate to us from any part of the world. However, it is necessary to achieve a balance. Excessive use of these technological devices disturbs our mind and makes us more vulnerable to stress and anxiety. Also, consider electromagnetic radiation and its negative effects on our body. So, try to use them sparingly. A good idea, for example, is not to use electronic devices before going to sleep and avoid having televisions or telephones in the bedrooms.
– Opt for natural materials: When you think about the decoration of your house or changes that you can make, choose natural materials. As much as possible, invest in wood, clay, wicker, and bamboo. These «living» materials will give warmth to each of the spaces in your home.
– Choose with a minimalist spirit: There are many types of minimalism. Some people choose to have a limit of, for example, 100 objects in their homes and avoid buying certain goods such as televisions or cars. Others choose to live a style of garbage or in which they reuse and recycle everything they use in their daily lives. You will see which vision adapts to your way of life. In principle, think that the less you have, the less you must worry about what you keep. A minimalist spirit will help to create more open spaces in which you do not have so many distractions.
– Practice yoga or meditation: The furniture, the decorative objects, the color of the walls and the salt lamps will certainly help to create a more relaxed atmosphere. However, to live in mindfulness, the key piece is you.
If you want to achieve a mindful home, it is necessary that you take some time out of your day to disconnect from the outside world and connect with yourself. In this sense, both yoga and meditation can be of great help.
If we combine actions that help us grow internally with an environment designed with attention and good vibes, it is very likely that we will obtain much better results than we imagine. We hope these tips are useful for you and that you put them into practice very soon.