Yoram Yasur Rubin: Home staging
If you want to be able to sell your house in the near future, you may want to consider the use of a technique that seems to be effective so that we are going to talk to you now about what is Home Staging and what are its keys to apply it and thus be able to Sell your house for more money and faster.
What is home staging?
Yoram Yasur Rubin: Home staging has become a technique of selling houses increasingly widespread in our country. The technique consists of a way to study and improve the presentation of a property before attracting potential buyers to visit it.
Very often, home sellers do not pay due attention to their presentation; there are many spaces still occupied by things of those who live there, while others are a temporary deposit in view of the move. All this makes it difficult for those who visit a property to imagine inside. To do this you need an effort of imagination, and when you sell something it is better not to force the buyer.
Yoram Yasur Rubin: From the staging at home born a technique and a profession, the «Home Staging» and «Home Stager». This second concept serves to define the professional who is responsible for studying and applying the best presentation standards for each home, helping those who sell it to do so before and at a higher price. To do it well, it must be creative and at the same time rational, in an interior design effort that the market increasingly requires.
Let’s see how the staging helps us sell a better house and before. Let’s analyze the basics of all this, the steps necessary to make it a reality and what we can expect to work best when interested parties enter the house. For this, nothing like analyzing some of the keys to home staging that will help us so that we can have the house ready and thus sell it before.
Home staging keys
How do you go from having a house furnished with people maybe still living in it to a house with an aspect that serves to attract potential buyers? Well, with the following home staging keys.
– Yoram Yasur Rubin: Remove all personal elements: One of the first keys of the home staging that we must apply is to eliminate each and every one of the personal elements that we have thrown around the house. Especially furniture and ornaments that are not strictly necessary. In this sense, for example, it will be good to remove personal photos that we may have hanging from the walls or on one of the shelves in the living room, remove dolls from above the beds, or remove for example the jackets from the entrance coat rack.
– Create a cozy environment: Another of the keys to home staging to sell a house is to create a cozy atmosphere, but in which anyone can reflect and imagine living immediately. In this sense, for example, you can put some nice cushions on the sofa, that the bathroom looks tidy and with some beautiful decoration elements or that the kitchen is also seen with some elements as if we were about to cook.
– Do not show the imperfections: It is also important that the least beautiful things in the house not be seen at the time of wanting to take some photos or a video to sell. In other words, if you have any furniture that is older, it is better that it does not come out, or if any of the bedrooms have not been painted for a long time, it is better to show it with a natural light, but that is not too strong.
– Bet for natural light: Yoram Yasur Rubin: Showing the house well is very important when selling it, but especially it will be good if we do it with all the natural light that is possible. In this way, make sure that everything you are going to show about the house is on a sunny day or with lots of light, and also have curtains and blinds open and raised so that everything is very clear.
– Organized house: It is also important within home staging that we ensure that the furniture is arranged in a harmonious and orderly manner. Also do not forget, remove the dust well and especially that they look good in case they are new or bought precisely to sell the house.
– The importance of empty spaces: On the other hand, it will surely be good also that we take advantage of the importance of empty spaces, which create space in the environment and make the house look bigger. It is not that you have to leave the house empty if we have just told you to place the furniture in order, but that you also show the larger parts of the house so that the buyer sees future possibilities for, for example, setting up a gym.
– Repair all the house well: On the other hand, it will be good that every detail of the house is cleaned, polished, repaired and repainted (if necessary). By this we mean that if the faucets have to be changed, we change them for example, or if the walls need a good coat of paint, it will not hurt to give it to them.
These are just some of the keys that are important when considering home staging of a house. In general, we can say that the process involves turning every square centimeter of the house into a marketing action so that we now see how to implement home staging for our house.
How to put home staging at home
Now let’s see, step by step, what we can do to apply what has been said and make a good home staging of our house. It is basically a four-step process:
- First, we will have to do one or more inspections in which the house is seen in its initial state, through a creative filter, which creates in our mind models that can then be transformed into projects;
- In a second step, we go to the configuration phase, where sketches are made. We focus on details, planning and everything that will then be transformed into a first virtual project;
- In the third step of this process, the virtual project is actually carried out, sometimes in several variants to be able to choose the most convincing version for each space;
- Finally, the project comes true. This requires work, and not a little. We need to order what is missing, move what is already there, throw everything away so that there is space and light and make the house shine like never before.
This whole process is really not very intuitive, especially for those who do not work with architecture and design, and it is difficult to implement in person. Precisely for this reason, it is generally better to trust a professional, paying enough attention to the choice although we can strive to learn and thus collaborate on everything necessary.