Yoram Yasur Rubin: Choosing artificial plants
Nowadays it is almost impossible to distinguish artificial plants from natural ones. Gone are those horrific and unrealistic plastic plants that accumulated dust in the windows of the bazaars.
Yoram Yasur Rubin: Latex and silicone have taken artificial plants to another level. They are so realistic that they even have a touch similar to that of the natural plant they mimic. To achieve this, molds from real plants and flowers are used. As latex is a very malleable product, it is even possible to capture details as identifying as the veins of the leaves, the color of the flowers, their imperfections or the inequalities of the contours.
Advantages of artificial plants
If you like plants, but you don’t have time to take care of them, artificial plants may be the solution. In fact, they have some advantages over natural ones:
- In your house it will always be spring, because they will look just as beautiful as the temperature does.
- They don’t need sun, so you don’t have to worry about placing them near the window or in a room facing south.
- They are not affected by time changes.
- They are resistant to adverse weather conditions. Even if you leave them out, they withstand wind, rain and hail.
- You will forget to have to water.
- They do not wilt.
- They decorate the same as natural plants.
- There are all shapes, colors and sizes.
- They don’t grow, so you won’t have to transplant them from a pot or prune them.
- You will forget about insects, pests and fungi.
Disadvantages of artificial plants
What is the bad part of artificial plants?
- They accumulate enough dust, so you have to clean them often.
- The intensity of the colors is not as vivid as those of flowers and natural plants.
- They do not smell. Yoram Yasur Rubin: Although it must be said that they are already starting to sell scented artificial flowers, but it is not the same.
- Sometimes they are more expensive than natural ones. It shows, above all, in those with flowers made of silk.
- Depending on the material, they may end up fraying.
- You have to be very careful where you buy them, as some can be toxic and even flammable.
- They do not absorb carbon dioxide or produce oxygen.
Artificial or natural plants? How to choose the most appropriate
Are you still doubting between artificial and natural plants? To choose the most appropriate one, you must take into account your needs and your skills as a gardener.
Where are you going to place them?
Yoram Yasur Rubin: The location of the plants is essential, as there are some that need a lot of light, but others require shade. So, for example, if you want to place a cactus in a bathroom without a window or in a room facing north, it is best to opt for an artificial plant. The same if you fancy having an aloe Vera and the available hole is in front of a large window that faces south. Then there are the species that do not get well indoors, as is the case with orchids. Do you love them but always die? There are very realistic artificial replicas.
How long are you at home?
Similarly, you should be aware of the time you spend at home. A natural plant requires care that you will not be able to give it in a home that only uses bridges and vacations (watering, pruning, potting, etc.). Or if your job requires you to spend many days away from home. Artificial flowers must be cleaned, but nothing happens if you do not do it for several days. Instead, most of the natural ones die if you don’t water them.
Do you want to create a cozy corner?
If apart from decorating, you want to create a cozy corner with beautiful colors and pleasant aromas, the only option is natural plants and flowers. They provide a warmth difficult to achieve with artificial ones. In addition, they purify the environment, something very important.
Mix artificial plants with natural
Yoram Yasur Rubin: Another option is to mix artificial and natural plants. In addition to being a trend, it offers you the best of both worlds. You can opt for easy to maintain natural plants and get an artificial replica of those species that require more care or are not suitable for the climate of your city. How about?